We have made adjustments to our Holiday Camps in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Active Superstars are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, staff, and families whilst still ensuring children have as much fun as possible. To ensure the safety of children and staff we have put in place the following procedures for our Holiday Courses.
Our ‘COVID Secure Courses strategy’ maintains requirements expected in school settings and aims to limit contact between pupils whilst also implementing enhanced hygiene measures.
Posters are displayed throughout the facility reminding pupils, staff to wash their hands, e.g. when entering and leaving the facility.
Children and staff are encouraged to wash their hands with soap or sanitiser and follow infection control procedures in accordance with the DfE and Public Health England guidance.
Sufficient amounts of soap (or hand sanitiser where applicable), clean water and paper towels/hand dryers are supplied in all toilets and kitchen areas.
- Pupils may be supervised by staff when washing their hands to ensure it is carried out correctly, where necessary.
- Pupils are forbidden from sharing cutlery, cups, food, stationery, or resources.
- Cleaners to carry out daily, comprehensive cleaning that follows national guidance in line with COSHH and the Health and Safety Policy. Door handles, doors and toilets are cleaned 3 times a day and paper/hand towels are checked and refilled 3 times a day.
- Stringent hand washing policy that includes before and after each activity session, breaks, lunchtimes and after toilet breaks
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Smaller, socially distanced activity groups
- There will be a 1:10 ratio of Activity Professionals to children for the under 8-year-olds, and a 1:10 ratio for children aged 8-12 years of age.
- Each group will operate as a ‘bubble’ during each day of the Holiday Camp.
- All activities on offer during the day can be delivered whilst observing thE social distancing rule, enabling us to provide fun and engaging activities in a SAFE way.
- Activities to be adapted to ensure distancing, including equipment use adaptions with the emphasis on being outdoor
- Parents will not be allowed into the venue other than to a registration perimeter for contactless registration
- Staggered breaks and lunchtimes where facilities don’t allow multiple groups
Many of our activity professionals have been assisting schools throughout the coronavirus pandemic with their support to the children of key workers, so they are already practised in how to keep the fun going whilst remaining safe!
Please rest assured that if your chosen Holiday Course is unable to open due to COVID-19 or for reasons beyond our control, we will provide you with a full 100% refund for all sessions booked.