This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Head Catch. This game focuses on getting the heart pumping and having some fun!
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is for players to respond correctly to the leader by catching the ball or hitting it with their head.
- Listening skills
- Reaction skills
- Throwing and catching
- Arrange players in a circle with a leader inside the circle
- Choose a ball. Players can use a tennis ball, football or baskteball depending on ability
- The leader throws the ball whilst shouting either ‘Head’ or ‘Catch’
- If they shout ‘Catch’ the player must then catch the ball with their hands
- If they shout ‘Head’ the player should head it back
- If the player responds incorrectly they must get down on one knee, and can stand back up when answer correctly
- You can also add in the term ‘kick’ where players must kick the ball back
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities ranging from soccer and dance to multi-sport events, in term-time and during the school holidays. If you want to engage your child in unique, fun, energising sports, call Active Superstars today on 0121 222 5464 or email email@example.com