This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Weaving, which focuses on dribbling and shooting the basketball.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to dribble the ball in and out of the cones and shoot into the hoop
- Ball control skills
- Set out cones that run until the basketball hoop
- Split the group into two teams
- The first player must dribble the ball in and out of the cones up to the last cone
- They then have 2 goes at shooting the ball into the hoop
- When the ball is successfully shot into the hoop, the team gets 5 points
- They then dribble it back and it is the next players turn
- The winning team is the one that gets the most points
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.