This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Up and Over, a game that has all players playing together to come to a joint win.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to pass the ball to the end of the line, by passing it to the person behind in the correct way. Whether that be over the head, or between the legs.
- Passing skills
- Thinking skills
- Children stand one behind each other in a line
- The first person in the line passes the ball over their head to the person behind
- This person then passes the ball between their legs to the player behind them
- Once the ball has reached the child at the end, this player must run to the front and start the cycle again, passing the ball over their head to the player behind
- The game finishes when the player from the start of the line comes back to the start again
- Pass the ball from side to side
- Pass the ball one handed
- Use a smaller ball to make it harder