This weeks PE Activity is Traffic Lights, a fun and energising game that focuses on movement and listening skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we will share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of this game is for children to use their listening and teamwork skills to respond with the correct action when their teacher, leader or sports coach shouts out a command. The children who do not react with the right action will be out.
- Listening skills
For this exciting actions game:
- Use cones, markers or objects to outline the area for the game. This area will represent a busy road.
- The leader shouts out a command and children should respond with the correct action or movement.
- The children who do not react with the right action will sit out and the last child standing will be crowned winner.
- Red light: children must stop and freeze where they are.
- Amber light: children must stop and yell ‘vroom, vroom’.
- Green light: children must pretend to drive and steer a car.
- Traffic jam: children must stand and freeze in a straight line.