This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Summer Fun, best played outside in the sunshine on the grass!
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object is to listen to the commands and carry out the appropriate action.
- Thinking skills
- Listening Skills
- Follow the commands, last one to do so is out!
- FRONT - children lie on their front.
- BACK - children lie on back.
- SIT - children sit with legs crossed.
- STAND - children stand up straight.
- ARCH or BRIDGE - children create arch with hands on floor and feet on floor facing down.
- STAR - children do 5 star jumps counting out loud as they do each one returning to the position they were in before command given.
- SQUATS - same as star but this time doing squat thrust.
- TURTLE - find a partner and stand back to back (need to be reminded to move away from partner when next call is given to prevent clashes). If you are trying to get children eliminated you can state that they are not to partner with someone they have already had.
- HEDGEHOG - Children enact squashed hedgehog on floor.
- 1, 2, 3 and so on - have to get into group of the number given.