Sharks is this week’s PE Activity of the Week, a game that focuses on children’s concentration skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of this game is for the children to reach the safety of the hoops before the ‘shark’ can get them.
- Reaction Skills
- Running Skills
- Coordination Skills
- Scatter some hoops on the floor around the room
- Have the children ‘swimming’. They could do front stroke, butterfly or backstroke by running and using their arms
- When the teacher shouts ‘sharks’ the children must run and stand in the hoops as quickly as possible (maximum 2 children to a hoop)
- Each time ‘sharks’ is shouted, remove a hoop
- If children don’t have a hoop to go to then they are out. Make them cheer the other children on so that they still feel involved
- When only two people are left make them touch the wall as they run around to make it fair!