This week’s PE Activity of the Week, is Prohibited Movements, which focuses on a fun mimicking idea.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to copy the ring leaders actions, or face a penalty of 5 star jumps!
- Watching Skills
- Listening Skills
- Organise the group into a circle, ensuring that children are arm lengths apart
- Stand in the middle of the circle
- The children must copy all of your movements, except for two that are set out at the start of the game
- For example, if you put your hands on your head, children should squat
- Anyone that makes a mistake has to do 5 star jumps
- Optional: have 3 rounds and then let another child stand in the middle, with the same actions
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.