Plant the Trees is this week’s PE Activity of the Week which focuses on coordination and throwing and catching.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to collect your bean bag and throw it to your team mate who must then catch it.
- Split the area into 3 sections using cones, and divide class up into 2 teams
- One team stand at the opposite end of the room to the others
- Place bean bags in the middle of two teams
- On ‘Go’, first child of each team runs to the middle and picks up a bean bag and then turns and throws it to their team mate to catch
- The next child then goes into the middle and gets another bean bag and throws it to their team mate
- The winning team is the one with the most bean bags once they have all gone
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.