Pasta PE is this week’s PE Activity of the Week, a fun, energising game that focuses on reaction time.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of this game is for children to listen to commands and carry out the appropriate action that goes with the command.
- Reaction Time
- Children begin by walking around the room in all directions
- Upon hearing the following commands, they should carry out the appropriate action:
- Spaghetti - walk round the room tall and thin arms pointed together
- Pasta Twist - walk round the hall turning round and round
- Pasta Bow - walk round with legs and arms apart, bow shaped
- Lasagne - lie flat on the floor; macaroni-make a circle with arms
- Pasta Shapes - make a 2D shape in small groups holding hands
- Spaghetti Hoops - make a 'hoop' in a small group holding hands
- Cannelloni - roll on the floor
- Ravioli - stand back to back with a partner