Passing Skills is this week’s PE Activity of the Week, which focuses on throwing and passing skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The children must pass the ball to the person standing diagonally from them, and get the ball to the end of the line before the opposing team. Team members must work as a team and help each other if one person drops the balls.
- Split the children into two groups. Have each team line up in two lines facing each other, but standing diagonally from one another
- Give the start person a ball, who must then throw the ball the person diagonally from them. This must keep going until the ball reaches the end of the line
- If the ball falls on the floor, it must return to the start person and start again. Children should be encouraged to help others that drop the ball, to give advice to improve their throwing/catching skills
- The team that gets the ball to the end of the line first wins
- You can split larger groups of children into more teams
This game can be made harder by moving the lines further apart from each other, and using a smaller ball.
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.