For this week’s PE Activity of the Week, we’d like to introduce you to the well known, challenging game - Kick Rounders. This games focuses on balance and agility.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we will share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is for the kicker to run as many times as they can before the ball returns to the bowler. The player who has accumulated the most runs at the end of the game will be the winner.
- Place two cones at least 5 meters apart.
- Select one kicker and one bowler, all the other players will be the fielders.
- The bowler must then roll the ball and the kicker must kick it as far as they can.
- Once the ball has been kicked, the kicker must then run between the two cones as many times as they can, before the fielders bring the ball back to the bowler.
- Once the bowler has the ball, the kicker must stop running.
- The kicker is allowed to run three times before moving on to a different player.
- The player with the most runs will be the winner.