This week we'd like to draw your attention to Keepy Ups, a enticing, challenging game that focuses control and coordination skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for all children to participate in during our sports sessions.
We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we will share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is to see how long each player can balance a ball on their racket, the child who keeps their ball on the longest will be crowned winner.
For this exciting coordination game:
- Children must have a ball in one hand and a racket in the other.
- When a whilst is blown, children must start balancing their ball on the racket.
- To start off, children must stand still and then walk slowly - if they are feeling really confident they may even want to jog.
- After children look steady and have started walking, they must progress to bouncing the ball on their racket.
- The child who lasts the longest without dropping their ball will be crowned winner.