Our PE Activity for this week is Huggy Bear, a unique, fun game that focuses on teamwork and coordination skills
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for all children to participate in during our sports sessions.
We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we will share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is for children to work on their social and teamwork skills to be the last group standing. The children must listen out for the number shouted and get into groups made up of that number, if the group does not make up the correct number they will be out.The last group standing will be crowned winner!
- Thinking skills
- Listening skills
For this exciting teamwork game
- Mark out an area for the game using cones, markers, numbers or objects.
- All players must run around in different directions, within that marked area.
- The leader, teacher or sports coach will should ‘huggy bear’ and add a number on the end such as ‘huggy bear 4’.
- Players must then get into groups of that number.
- Any group that does not consist of that number will be out.
- The last group standing will be crowned winner.