This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Hockey Target Knockdown, which focuses on balancing skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to not get stung by the scorpions!
- Zig zag cones on the floor, with 3 cones up against the wall for how many groups there will be
- Split the children into groups and give them hockey sticks
- Children must dribble the ball in and out the cones and then knock down one of the 3 cones at the far wall
- If they miss, they must try again until they can hit one
- They must then pick the cone back up and dribble the ball back in between the cones and pass to their next team mate
- The winning team is the one where all children have completed the course in the quickest time
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.