This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Hickory Dickory Dock, named after the popular nursery rhyme.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to listen out for their number and run round the circle back to their place before the others!
- Thinking skills
- Listening Skills
- Have the children in a large circle, sitting down and facing inward.
- Number them in groups three or four, the numbers 1-12-like a clock
- The children must remember their numbers
- When the teacher says Hickory, Dickory, Dock, the mouse ran up the clock, the clock struck NUMBER (3) all of the threes run outside the circle in a clockwise direction and the first one back and sat down in their original place is the winner
- Once all players are back sat down, call out the next number