This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Hand Ball, which will increase children’s teamwork skills and throwing and catching.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object the Game:
The object of the game is to pass the ball to one another to get it into the opposing teams goal, without the said opposing team getting hold of the ball.
- Set up two goals at opposite ends of the pitch
- Divide players into two teams
- One team starts with the ball, and has to pass or bounce it to each other whilst moving to the opposing teams goal
- The other team must try and to gain possession of the ball by intercepting it or catching it, who can then try and get it into the opposing teams goal
- The aim is for the team to get the ball into their opposing teams goal
- Teams take it in turns after a goal is scored