French Cricket is this week’s PE Activity of the Week, which focuses on coordination and concentration skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is to hit the ball and not become stuck!
- Players must stand in a circle and someone is chosen to be the batter
- The other players throw the ball near the players legs below the knees
- The batter must hit the ball before it hits their legs, but cannot move their feet
- They must then turn around to face the next player who will throw the ball to them
- Once the batter has worked all the way around the circle, they can swap
- Optional: Try this is a few smaller groups to let everyone get a chance to bat
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.