This week’s PE Activity of the Week is Dog and Bone, which focuses on running and reaction time.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object for the game is to listen out for your number and run to get the beanbag before the opposing team, but don’t get caught!
- Reaction Time
- Split the children into two groups who go to different ends of the field/hall
- Place a bean bag (bone) in the middle of both groups
- Each member in both groups gets a number, for example both groups are numbered 1 to 12
- The teacher shouts a number and the two children from each group wth this number run to get the bean bag
- The child who does not pick it up first can chase the other until they return to their team
- The team scores points depending on how many times they manage to get the beanbag
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.