This week’s PE Activity of the Week is bean bag scramble, which focuses on running skills and throwing and catching skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game:
The object of the game is for the children to get as many bean bags for their team as possible, whilst dribbling or passing a ball to their team mate.
- Dribbling/Passing skills
- Throwing/Catching skills
- Split the children into two teams who go on opposite sides of the room
- Place an odd number of bean bags on the centre line and a box at each end of the room
- Shout ‘Go’ and the children must run to the centre and grab one bean bag at a time and take it back to their teams box.
- The team with the most bean bags win
- To make this game harder, you can tell the children they must toss and catch it to get it back to the box, or balls must be dribbled or passed to a partner when running to the centre.
Active Superstars offer a wide range of physical activities during the school holidays.