This week’s PE Activity of the Week is What's the Time Mr Wolf? - an exciting, intense game that focuses on listening and balance skills.
Active Superstars plan, coordinate and prepare fun, energising games for children to participate in during our sports sessions. We like to be as unique as possible and ensure children have fun whilst working hard and learning new skills. Each week we share our favourite ‘PE Activity of the Week’ to give you an insight into our sessions and provide some inspiration for games of your own.
The Object of the Game
The object of the game is for children to ask the ‘wolf’ the time, once the wolf shouts ‘dinner time!’, children must run as fast as they can to avoid being caught by the wolf. The last player standing will be the winner.
- Listening skills
- Mark out an area for the game.
- Choose one player to be ‘Mr Wolf’.
- The wolf must stand facing the wall and player will show ‘what’s the time Mr Wolf?’.
- The wolf will shout back ‘5 o’clock’, for example.
- Players must keep shouting this until the wolf shouts ‘dinner time’.
- The wolf will then try to catch the players while they try and get across to the other side of the area without getting caught.
- Anyone who gets caught by the wolf is out.
- The last players standing on the other side will be the winners and will get to choose who the next wolf is.