Encouraging your family to get active is important, as this helps to protect them against health problems and keeping them fit and healthy. Here are some simple ways on how to get active.
How to Get Your Family Active
- Go to the Seaside - Going to the seaside (or park if you don't leave near a beach) is a great and fun way to get the whole family out and about, making special memories whilst getting in some all important exercise
- Plant a garden - Not only can you grow pretty flowers or useful vegetables, it’s a great way to get some fresh air and be active. You can grow many plants all year round, here are the top vegetables to grow in Autumn.
- Get fun with chores - Chores don’t have to be boring. Make them fun by seeing who can do them the fastest, or assigning chores to family members that have to work together to do them
- Join a class together - There are tonnes of classes out there that both you and your children can get involved in, such as tennis, yoga and swimming.
- Relay races - These are great if you need to make various trips upstairs (to take washing), or if you simply want to have fun. This can also be done in the garden.
- Morning routine of stretching - A simple, quick and fun way to get the family ready for the day. Have a few minutes before breakfast doing various stretches, get each family member to pick one and all copy.
Getting active with the family is a great way to spend quality time together whilst making fitness a lifestyle, and helping your children to form healthy habits for life.